Country of Origin: China
What Am I?: Wild crafted in the hills of the Ningxia province in China (arguably the home of the goji berry!), I am often referred to as ‘the Chinese Wonder Fruit’ due to my centuries old inclusion in traditional Mongolian, Tibetan and Chinese healthcare.
I contain more Vitamin C than almost all other food sources, including Oranges and have more Beta-Carotene than Carrots. My antioxidant levels are second only to raw Cacao.
Why Am I the Best?: I am more moist and taste sweeter than most of the goji berries you will find being sold, meaning you can eat me by the handful and enjoy every nutritious bite, rather than masking my flavours and lessening my nutritional benefits through cooking.
Organic Chinese Goji Berries are a myth, designed by companies who want to charge more for their product or make their product look better than other goji berries. Unfortunately for you, everyday consumers do not have access to the proper research facilities to test whether the organic goji berries they are buying are truly organic, so companies can continue to make money at your expense. Please read this article for further information.
Creative Nature can guarantee that our Goji Berries are grown to Chinese organic standards, meaning very low pesticide residue is found, but we have not paid for an organic certificate to try and claim we offer something that we don't.
My best features:
- 18-20% moisture content for better tasting gojis!
- Low in Fat, Saturated Fat and very low in Sodium
- High in Calcium, Lycopene and Antioxidants
- High in Vitamin C and Vitamin A
- Rich source of Lycium Barbarum Polysaccharides
- 100% natural and raw
- Naturally dried to avoid nutrient loss through artificial heating
- Certified Vegan and Vegetarian
- Free from gluten, dairy, GMO, soya and lactose
- No added sugar or sweeteners
How to take me:
- Sprinkle over porridge, muesli, granola or other cereals
- Blend into smoothies (if your blender can chop them up!)
- Eat by the handful!
- Sprinkle over salads for a sweet treat!
- Raw home cooking
- Recipes coming soon
Per 100g %RDA
Energy 1136kJ / 593kcal 51.6%
Protein 10.6g 23%
Carbohydrates 21g 16%
Of which sugars* 17.3g 19%
Fat 1.1g 1.6%
Of which saturates 0.7g 3.5%
Fibre 7.7g 31%
Sodium 24mg 1%
Vitamin C 180mg 300%
*Naturally occurring sugars